Friday, August 26, 2011

Tales from the Field

 Here is my classroom. I found out at 2:00pm the day before school started that the portables were not going to be ready. (they still aren't) This was my view of the classroom before I got to move things around. To the right of the yellow wall/divider is the cafeteria. Yes, that is a portable basketball hoop in my room :)



  • Below is what we came out with and basically (minus a few changes since then) what the room looks like now.



Quotes of the Week

  • "Ms. Drummon yo feet are blushin'. They all red.
  • "Can we please stay in your class, we love it here"
  • "I'm sorry, I'll have a better day tomorrow."
  • Ms. Drumm....Drummenson...Drum..er...."
  • Child: "You remind me of Karmin" 
         Me: "Who?"
         Child: " You know, that rapper on youtube?".....yeah that made my day!!!

Watch her here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4


Here are 2 projects that we've worked on...the first was an introductory science lesson. We're working on inquiry skills so observation is big. Knowing that science is a method..a way of knowing and learning is important. They drew pictures and wrote a description of what they wanted to learn about this year. (part of a modified KWL chart)

The second was their first math project. I made an example, but basically it was a poster/paper that used numbers to describe themselves to the class. They had to include:

A picture (drawn or photograph)
A one digit number
A two digit number
A three digit number
A four digit number
The number had to relate to them





Those are the adventures so far! Every day brings something new!

2 comments:

  1. You are fabulous, and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are SO Karmin. :) Good work making the makeshift room a place the kids don't want to leave! So awesome. :) TTY soon!

    ReplyDelete