Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quite Distressed

 An old chair that I bought for only $2 at a thrift store this past weekend. I had been wanting to "distress" something and I though this would be the perfect opportunity.


1.The chair was a bit wiggly so I screwed an "L" bracket under the seat which totally anchored the seat. It is now quite comfortable! I then sanded the chair well and gave it an even coat of spray primer.


2. After the primer dried, I sprayed only key areas (edges and corners) with an ivory satin coat. These are the areas I wanted to show through when I distressed the chair. I let this dry.







3. I evenly sprayed the whole chair with a deep blue enamel. After the enamel dried, I went over the whole chair with a fine grain sandpaper. I smoothed the whole chair, but focused on edges and corners.


Ta-Da!!! My beautiful new chair that only cost $2.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! You are so creative my friend. Those kids are LUCKY to have you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Em! I will certainly try it once I get more space!

    ReplyDelete