Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sick Days

I had Bronchitis this week. Two days away from school. It was the strangest thing not to be with my kids and to know someone else was teaching them. "My kids" see how easily it slips out? I now have 46 kids, each crazy and wonderful. Each with their own needs and complications. Each at a different place in this whole learning continum. Its wild. I really can not believe I have been teaching these wonderful students for over 9 weeks. I am their teacher. I missed them for those 2 days that I did grading in bed and read children's stories. I went back and it took the last two days of the week to settle again. My little friends had to get used to me again and tell me all the horror stories of what happened and who got in a fight with who and who got suspended and who stole my candy, etc. Seriously the big event was that someone broke into my treasure chest and stole every single one of the 2 year old Dum Dums that are saved for elite prize winners. It was quite the outrage!

No comments:

Post a Comment