Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Friends

On Friday, I took my students on the long awaited "good behavior" field trip. My principal is passionate about rewarding the kids who do a good job and taking them on field trips. When I asked what we should do with the other 67% of my class I was told to tell them to stay home. Oh ok, thats new. : /

Anyway after much confusion (including the destination of our trip being cancelled at 3:00 the day before and me having to completely come up with a new plan) we did go on a lovely field trip! The kids were great and everyone had a nice day. Near the end, we were hanging out a park when a girl came up to me and asked if I was Emily Drummond. Well, yeah I am...
Turns out she and I had e-mailed about possibly rooming together some months ago, she recognized the name in our school bus, and looked me up on Facebook to make sure it was me. I am so glad she did!!
We ended up getting together with another sweet friend on Saturday for some shopping, cooking (a delicious broccoli and spinach frittata with garlic roasted potatoes) and movie watching.

Have you ever hung out with a group and gone away encouraged? uplifted and refreshed? Thats what this was like. I haven't hung out with girl friends like that since I moved. I hang out with people, but no relationships like this. I didn't realize how much I missed it. Going from college where I was surrounded by like-minded girls to here where I haven't had any. It was so wonderful to have uplifting conversations that went past the surface. These were godly girls that I could actually talk to! Oh, I am so blessed!
I have 2 sweet girl friends!!
And so the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment