Saturday, July 23, 2011

Waterfall of Decisions

Chris Martin sings that every tear is a waterfall. I had one of those this week, no really I did. It seems that nothing at all has happened on the job front until this week. Then suddenly, BAM a waterfall of things rushing through my mind! A waterfall of tears trying to wade through it all and a whole lot of decisions to be made. (Also, I really love that song :) I had three interviews this week, one on Skype to Uganda and two in person. I've been offered the job in Uganda and one in Lake City, SC. Where is Lake City you ask..good question. I've only been there once and I'm still unsure..there were a lot of potatoes, corn, and tobacco. I actually looked at an appt. complex that was IN a corn field. yeah...

Anyway, Africa. I'm drawn to it in conversations, pictures, music, and certainly in my job hunt. This was an offer at a Christian international school that teaches over half nationals. I want to go so badly. I ache sometimes when I think how badly I want to go. I also respect my parents greatly and i know that they are given wisdom. They don't want me to go, they feel its unsafe, unknown, and too soon. I agree, yet... I would go tomorrow if I could. I'm very emotional about Africa. Its dear to my heart. Anyway, if God wants me there, I will go. Simple as that.

I hope to have until Wednesday to give an answer on the Lake City job, then I will have heard about the other one. I'm so glad its not just me all on my own making these decisions. Stay in the word, get counsel, pray about it, and just do something. (Kevin DeYoung)

No comments:

Post a Comment